Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sorry :)

So sorry that I have not posted in a while!!!!!!!!  There's been so much going on this about the first time I've actually sat down to my computer and had time to blog.  It's so hard to remember what I've done since the last time I blogged so I'll just try to write about what I can remember. 

First thing I can remember :)  last Tuesday we had Youth Bible study.  We've been trying to have them on Monday nights since it's the summer time and the weekend holds so much for most of us.  But for some reason (which I can't remember) I moved it to Tuesday evening.  We are covering the 29 Teachings and I've broken up the lessons; right now we are studying the gifts of the Spirit and we covered Faith.  It was a good Bible study with a lot of discussion from the young people.  I love it when they do a lot of talking because it means their mind is working and paying attention.  :)  We had 19 there and I was THRILLED to have that many!!!!  The Lewis girls were there visiting with us and I so enjoyed having Morgan, Kristen, Bethany, and Genesis there!  It was neat because we had sort of a hands on experience of Faith; Jimmy Cox came in feeling very ill so we had prayer for him and the end of Bible Study he testified that he felt 100% better.  You could tell a total change in him because when he came in his whole face was red and he just looked like he was going to throw up but when he left he looked completely normal!  Thank the Lord for that hands on experience of faith; God is so good!!!!!!  I asked them to share examples of a time when Faith was required but also to share if they were scared by just going on faith.  Most of the examples given were the same as mine...MOVING!  It is a scary thing for most people but as was said by mostly everyone there it gets us out of our comfort zone to where we completely rely soley upon the Lord!  I'm thankful that I can trust Him and know that all His promises are sure and that if I have faith in Him...He's always faithful to me! :)

Wednesday night we had BTI service and Bro Crumley was in charge.  He always has interesting services :)  He talked about marriage to our young people.  He had different couples from the church testify about marriage and the struggles that marraige has but also the blessings.  He asked each one of the couples what it takes to make a marriage work because this world doesn't believe that it can happen.  The number one answer which I firmly believe is God.  I remember one thing that Bro Rob taught during TN Youth Camp two years ago...marriage is like a triangle with God at the top.  The closer we get to God the closer we get to each other.  What a beautiful thought! 

Our state convention started Friday evening and we had a glorious convention!  All the preaching and boosts just flowed together!  Sometimes we get so caught up in the shouting but we SO need the word ministered to our hearts to help us draw closer to God.  I thank the Lord for Saturday evening especially Bro Strong from NC preached a beautiful message on faith and trusting in the Lord.  I was thankful when he gave the altar call and I was able to go and pray.  I had to ask the Lord to forgive me for not having faith in Him as i should.  I'm a control freak as much as I try to deny that I am; I am!!!!!!  I have to give Him complete control and I know that He will handle things so much better than I can!  I remember what someone told me (ahum...Sis Smith) a couple of months ago that this is not MY church that this is HIS church and He can and will handle everything as He sees fit.  I had to ask the Lord to forgive me for trying to think I know what i'm doing and asking Him to take control.  No matter what I have in my mind that I feel that should be done; it usually just ends up in a mess!  I want to let Him have complete control in my life for He knows me better than I even know myself!  Just so thankful for a wonderful convention!

Last night we had a little celebration for Yadi's birthday.  We went to firehouse and then we walked over to Orange Leaf to get some icecream.  We had a blast!!!!!!!!


After work I ran to Bi-Lo to get Yadi some balloons for her birthday.  It was kind of a last minute decision to have a party for her so Sis Amanda asked me if i could get some balloons for her.  I LOVED the job the lady did and she was so nice!!!!  I also got her some flowers while i was there.



You can barely see the flowers that I got her on the table.  It was neat because when we got there we were the only ones there at first so we had a really good time.  She had a good turn out with it being a last minute decision!  All the girls are and Julian too are getting so big!  In fact all the young people are getting so big!  I love watching them grow up! 


Tonight was ladies Bible study and I am going to make a public apology :(  I AM SO SORRY SIS SMITH FOR NOT BEING AT LADIES BIBLE STUDY!!!  I have youth service tomorrow night and last week I asked Jimmy to get a skit together for his part of the devotion for tonight.  He did just that so tonight we worked on getting it ready.  I'm not going to share any of it yet because I want it to be a surprise to everyone tomorrow night when they come to church.  I had intentions of going even if i showed up late but when we got done at 7:30 I knew there was no point because I wouldn't have made it in time for any of it so I just took Jimmy and Daniel to sonic when we left and got them something to drink since we worked outside and it was so hot.  They really are hard workers; I'm thankful that Jimmy always takes what I ask Him to do seriously!  Actually, all of the young people at the church are that way and I'm just so thankful!!!!!!! 


So....let me take just a second to "croak for my own pond" as my daddy says.  I had to give a 5 minute boost at the convention so I went through my VLB reports from last state convention til this convention and these are the numbers:

6 Saved
3 Sanctified
2 Filled with the Holy Ghost
3 Baptized in water
2 joined The Church

9 new youth gained

33 Bible studies
1 Youth Revival

I just thank the Lord for all that He is doing in the young people.  They are such a beautiful group and I love the honor to be able to work with them! 

Alright well that is all for tnoight.  I'll try to take pictures of what we did tonight for the service tomorrow night.  I pray that the Lord will move in a special way on our young people!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for being such a good youth leader and loving the youth from the bottom of your heart. You're doing a great job.
    Thank you for the apology and you're forgiven. I did miss you, though. And Amanda. And several others. But I'm thankful for the ones who did come. I felt like we had an excellent Bible study. I know I was very convicted. That's usually a very good thing; it makes us grow and mature. --And we had some yummy DQ ice cream cake that Brother Bryan brought out for Sister Jackie's birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOUR posts. Do you realize that since you activated your blog you have only put up FOUR posts??? Slacker! ;-)

    ReplyDelete