Thursday, October 29, 2015

I'm Back!

I don't know how many will actually read this since it's been since 2012 since I last posted!  I am definitely don't have a good enough mind to actually tell you what's happened since 2012.

Let me just start by telling you what's gone on the past few weeks.  I went to TN ladies retreat this past weekend.  I really enjoyed the ladies retreat.  I'm not big on going to ladies retreats just because of past experiences but I will say this has been the best one yet.  Aunt Cissy (Sis Perkins) was the guest speaker and she did a wonderful job.  I felt like the word was rich and deep!  The theme of the retreat was "Rapture Ready, Perfection Required" the last service on Sunday was probably my favorite!  I just cried through the message!  She gave each lady a sash that said "Bride to Be" and she brought down to a reality that Christ is coming back for a bride who hath made herself ready!  We are going to reach perfection...it won't be perfection in my eyes either but God's eyes!  I thoroughly enjoyed Sis Horne's class  as well!  She talked about how Achan chose to disobey God and take of the accursed things!  Things that weren't necessarily sin destroyed Achan along with his family!  It was a fantastic class!  I also enjoyed our tap group so much; Sis Sheila Cameron was our tap leader and did an awesome job.  On Sunday during our last session one of the ladies in our group whom had testified that she just joined The Church the Sunday before testified again about how she felt completely at home in The Church of God.  She said that she had been in The Church of God of Prophecy as well as Zion Assemblies but she said coming to the ladies retreat she saw young the young girls truly, sincerely worshiping the Lord.  She said she had so seen so many young people coached into speaking in tongues and shouting.  She just cried and cried as she testified to us and just blessed my soul.  God has been so good to His Church!  I'm thankful for the safety I feel in The Church of God.

Here is a picture of the sceneary on the ride home from ladies retreat.  It's so pretty, especially with the fall colors!

Here is a picture of all of us girls!  From Left to right...Kara, Me, Aunt Cissy, and Mom. It was so nice that Kara was able to go!  We roomed together and had a blast!


Dad has appointed me as youth leader here at the church and Sis Ashley Werkheiser is my assistant!  We've already met and God are excited about the work ahead of us.  A lot of our young people here are getting older and getting to the place where they are getting jobs as well thinking about their future and what the Lord would have them do.  I pray that we can just be a blessing to them.  We are going this Friday to the corn maze.  This is something that when I was the youth leader in the past that I tried to do every year because the kids love it.  It's just such a FALL thing to do!  Sis Ashley really is helping to carry the load since my membership is in Moulton, AL and I'm the state ABM leader there in Alabama.  I love the people there and my heart really is there; I'm praying if it's the Lord's will that he allow me to go back there!  I love the work of the ABM department now that I'm studying it and understanding it more!

I'll try to get pictures from the corn maze and post it on here.  I think I've said just about enough now!  That's one thing about blogging I hate doing all the talking.  Hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO GLAD you came to Retreat this year. You did a GREAT job with the music. You probably wouldn't have come if it weren't for your Aunt being there, but now that you've had a taste of a truly blessed Retreat maybe it won't be so hard to get you there next time. :-) Ladies' Retreats can be SUCH a blessing! Each one has its own personality and this one was especially sweet. What a spirit of unity and perfection! THANK GOD! THANK GOD! THANK GOD!!!
    And thank YOU for posting again! :-)

    ReplyDelete